Welcome to PokiesAustralia.com, your #1 guide to pokies games in Australia. You will find the best pokie sites below.
Online pokies are very popular in all parts of Australia. These online slot games can be addictive but also fun in the same time.
Australian Online Pokies
Pokies today are considered the quintessential form of gambling in Australia. The local clubs are usually where the poker game is played. However, the internet also had to have a say in it so now, people play pokies online as well and they feel right at home, literally.
What Are Online Pokies?
Simply put, they are the online adaptation of the same game that has been developing and physically played since the late 1800s when it was started. So now you can play from home or on your smartphone. A bet on a single spin can be placed anywhere from a cent up to $1000 AUD.
In fact, many brands have made a name for themselves by simply coming up with easy and exciting pokies that are made available by online casinos in Australia. New pokies keep popping up in casinos at least every other week.
History Of Pokies
But before we get into properly introducing online pokies and taking a closer look, let us first educate ourselves on a bit of history of how this gambling form first began to take shape and gradually become what it is today. The story begins over a century back into the previous millennium.
How Many Types Are There?
There two main types namely classic pokies and video pokies and after that there is a substantial branching out into various other types. With the two main types at least, the original blueprints set at the very beginning are still evident. Classic pokies use 3 reels and winning pay lines range from 1 to 5. And video pokies usually have 5 reels pay lines that can be anywhere between 5 and 100. Apart from being either classic or video, pokies can be relevant under other categories at the same time.
Some of these other types include mega spin pokies and free spin pokies, progressive jackpot pokies and and multi-player pokies. Even themes are a given with pokies. There’s romance, wealth, aliens, ghosrs, wildlife to name a few.
How to Play Online Pokies?
You will usually find the player controls under the reels. You activate the spin just as soon as you select your stake. It involves setting coin-value as well bet-per-line value. You also have the option of ‘autoplay’ which can do as much as a thousand autospins.
There is no established strategy for playing online pokies. It is a true gamble: hit spin and hope for the best.
Tips for Playing Online Pokies
With a multi-lined video pokie, it is best for every spin to be played while all of the pay lines are active to ascertain any chances for a line win will not go amiss.
First off, remember to set the stake to something you are comfortable with because the default stake could be set to a higher amount. It is also recommended to start play without interference from the autoplay feature.
Before playing with real money, have a crack at it with free demo mode, especially if you are new to the game. So if it happens to not be to your taste, you will not have lost any money to figure that out.
Consider how much you are willing to pay before you play. If it is not enough to play with multiple paylines, you are better off playing with fewer numbers like classic three reel pokies. However, if multiple pay lines are accessible, make every one of them is active when you play spin.
Now let us take a look at the usual terminology that describes various elements of online pokies. The most common have been listed below each with a brief explanation for what they mean and when they are appropriate.
- Spin Those Reels – A reel is what holds the symbols and is set in motion when you play spin. The classic pokies have 3 reels and the video pokies will have 5 or more. In any case, the presence of multiple reels can reveal exciting combinations.
- Winning Symbols – Each reel carries a symbol which in turn carries a particular pay out amount.
- PayLines – Pay lines refer to how much of a payout amount can be had from each symbol.
- Pay Tables – A feature that allows you access information on winnings, bonuses, payouts, free sins etc. via an icon on your pc screen.
- Coin Bet Range – This simply refers to the minimum and maximum amounts you can bet on when playing pokies. So in order to increase your potential winnings, it follows that you should bet substantially. However, it is a safer strategy to reduce the element of risk as much as possible for better profits in the long run.
- Payout Ratio – The usual percentage here with online pokies is 90% but you should always keep a weather eye for any online casino that does higher payout rates so you can maximize your winning amount.
- Random Number Generator (RNG) – This refers to the software that constantly shifts reel positions in order to keep the playing as random as possible and every player with equal chances.
- Wild – With the wild symbol, you have the ability to substitute any symbol and potentially win a big amount.
- Scatter – In order to generate a bonus and proliferate your winnings simultaneously, you can use scatter. Also, if you can find 3 or more of it over the reels, you are entitled to another bonus feature that would further and further expand any prospective win money. Certainly not something you would want to miss out on.
- Second Screen Bonus – Second Screen bonus allows you to play in an interactive setting and thereby by win large sums.
- Bonus Games – A bonus game begins as special symbols are displayed in a winning combination. Bonuses are often as unique as each game. In some cases, a player can be treated to some free spinning and will therefore also play according with an altered array of winning combinations.
And now you are equipped with basic understanding of the history and rules of the game. Enjoy playing.