Melbourne is popular location in Australia for many reasons. It appeals to people for its dining, vacation sites, shopping districts, night life, cafes and of course pokies.
Pokies in Melbourne
Particularly in the bustling metropolis, you are never very far away from a casino that offers pokies. There are many places for you to try that we will also list down later. But you can also skip all of them and take to playing pokies online and be able to play at any hour of the day.
The Crown Casino
Melbourne is home to the Crown Casino which is Australia’s largest casino. It is a major tourist attraction thanks to a scenic location on the southern bank of the YarraRiver and numerous other luxury facilities. As you would expect, it house some serious gaming facilities as well.
Of an assortment of games such as poker, blackjack, roulette and such, pokies is the best-offered game here. The casino houses a staggering 3500 machines for pokies all from leading manufacturers of e-gaming such as SHFL Konami, Aristocrat, AGT and IGT. The range on pokies here range between a cent and a dollar on each spin. You can also play on two dollar and five dollar machines where the VIP gaming areas are.
Where to find Pokies in Melbourne
While Australia as a whole has many casinos and pubs where pokies are a given, the Melbourne metropolis has its own concentrated dose of places where visitor as well as residents can have a go. Here is a list of places for you to try and potentially walk away with some big winnings.
- Batman’s Hill on Collins – 623 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Bourke Hill’s Welcome Stranger – 128 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Celtic Club – 316 Queen Street, Melbourne
- Clocks at Flinders Street Station – Shop 17 Flinders Railway Station, Melbourne
- Dick Whittington Tavern – 32 Chapel Street, St Kilda
- Golden Nugget – 117 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
- Headquarters Tavern – Epsom Road, Flemington
- Mail Exchange Hotel – 688 Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Mercure Grand Hotel – 195 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Players on Lygon – 186-200 Lygon Street, Melbourne
- Punters Palace – 314 Smith Street, Collingwood
- Royal Oak Richmond – 527 Bridge Road, Richmond
- Shanghai Club – 242-244 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne
- St Kilda Army & Navy Club – 88 Acland Street, St Kilda
- Tankerville Arms Hotel – 230 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy
- The Meeting Place – 315 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
- The Prince of Wales Hotel – 109 Church Street, Richmond
- The Rex – 145 Bay Street, Port Melbourne
As you can see, you will not have much trouble finding a place to play pokies in Melbourne. However, it is important that you gamble responsibly – whatever that means – and bet only as much as you are willing to lose and never be tempted to go over your limits.
If you are a punter in Victoria, you will know fully well at least a dozen places a drivable distance away where you can play some pokies.
It could be the massive Crown casino or the smaller casinos and pubs in the area. Getting there is certainly nothing too difficult. However, you can make it easier still by use of the internet and playing pokies online.
Now you will not have to contend with getting ready, getting stuck in traffic, possibly being involved in a motor accident or find yourself stuck without a parking spot. You can simply play from home at your leisure. And the casinos know that so they have set themselves up online so that can access them and start playing. Here are some of those well-known online casinos.
Royal Vegas Casino
This online casino is brought to you by renowned software provider Microgaming. With the Royal Vegas Casino software, you play literally hundreds of great online pokies straight from home and make some good money.
With Slots Million, you have access to pokies in excess of 1200. The service is made available to you by some of the world’s leading software producers such as QuickSpin, PlayTech, Microgaming, NetEnt, iSoftBet and more.
This online casino is particularly popular among player in and around Victoria. You are entitled to a whopping 50 free spins just as soon as you have signed up for an account.
While there is a more tactile experience to be had playing pokies at the casino, playing online opens you up to other benefits such as unique welcome bonuses offered by each casino. Ultimately, what is most satisfying is the option that lands you better winnings.